BONVOYAGE has been presented to the RTSI 2016 conference, with a focus on energy consumption and IoT devices applied to industrial scenarios. As in the BonVoyage projects devices control and monitoring play a central role, power consumption and TSCH-enabled platfoms are characterized.
During the conference held between the 7th and 9th of September in Bologna, the BONVOYAGE Project contributed to discussion in a Regular Paper session. Piero Boccadoro from CNIT (Research Unit POLIBA) presented main BONVOYAGE’ scope and achievements.
RTSI conference is the 2nd Internal Forum on Research and Technologies for Society and Industry, Technologies for smarter societies organized by the IEEE Italy Section and Università di Bologna, Italy and took place at the Scuola di Ingegneria e Architettura.
It has been of great importance since it was the first meeting of IEEE Italy Section with Italian Industries. One of the main objective was to inform all participants of the initiative that IEEE Region 8 (Europe, Africa and Middle East) and IEEE Italy Section is promoting in favour of industries.
Of great importance it was the brainstorming about the following topics:
– What the Big industries would like to see?
– What competencies are required by the big industry to sustain growth, innovation and competition?
– How can IEEE ease connection between students and PhD with industry?
– Which items are of interest for Start-up and SME? Any special initiative required?
– Standards: which fields are of interest of Italian industry? Who is interested to contribute to influence and design them?
– Training and education: IEEE offer a lot of webinar, we assume they are well known. Is the Italian context asking for something specific/proprietary?