Dissemination tours and creation of awareness among the user community are constantly organised by personnel involved in BONVOYAGE through invited guest lectures and BONVOYAGE-organized workshops, as well as with “marketing-oriented” presentations at industry events or in bilateral discussions with operators who are the final users of BONVOYAGE’s results.
All the achievements and activities in communicating BONVOYAGE are reported step by step in this page.
Main targets of the EWGT concern providing a forum to share information and experiences of research activities, encouraging joint research and the development both of theoretical methods and applications. Primary field of interest concerns OR methods, mathematical models and computation algorithms to solve and support the solution of problems faced by public administrations, city authorities, public transport companies, service providers, logistic operators and so on. Carlo Mannino from SINTEF attended this Working Group which represented a Stakeholder meeting for future exploitation of the project’s results.
The 2015 conference was entitled “Fast Algorithms”, namely algorithms capable to find, deterministic or with high probability, optimal or approximated solutions to some optimization problems on large networks. Due to the very nature of BONVOYAGE, this conference was the perfect context to present the project which aims at solving complicated routing problems on a gigantic network (Europe level), in real time. Carlo Mannino from SINTEF presented BONVOYAGE in the “Open Problem” session.
The ITS World Congress is an annual international conference focused on Intelligent Transport Systems. Each year, the World Congress is hosted in one of three regions; Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. The regional ITS associations, ERTICO – ITS Europe, ITS Asia-Pacific and ITS America, each host the World Congress when it falls in their respective region every three years. The ITS World Congress 2015 was held in Bordeaux and Michael Kieslinger from FLUIDTIME presented BONVOYAGE Project.
4. Dagstuhl Seminar 16171 – Wadern, Germany, 24 – 29 April, 2016
The Dagstuhl Seminar brings together researchers from algorithm engineering, operations research, and combinatorial, stochastic and robust optimization. Because participation is only by direct invitation from the program committee, the selection of attendees is very careful, and many leading scholars in transport optimization attended the seminar. This makes the seminar a perfect arena to introduce new ideas or projects The 16171 seminar covered topics related to the planning of public transport systems, and to their real-time operational management. The seminar focused on handling large amounts of data, as well as on the application of quantitative models and algorithmic methods for solving the relevant problems in these areas. Carlo Mannino from SINTEF attended the workshop and presented in informal talks the BONVOYAGE project to the other attendees.
5. ITS European Congress 2016 – Glasgow, UK, June 6 – 9, 2016
The Congress theme is “Delivering Future Cities Now” co-organized by ERTICO and 5GPPP will take place in Glasgow and CNIT will present BONVOYAGE project in the frame of the Workshop “5G pushing the limits of innovation in Automotive” focused on Automated driving. This workshop aims at providing first an insight into the 5G concept, explaining what 5G is about. Furthermore the workshop will address the specific needs of the automotive sector and what benefit are expected from the 5G networks.
6. InnoTrans – Berlin, Germany September 20 – 23, 2016
Trenitalia participation in the conference was aimed to present and discuss themes related to state-of-the-art and innovative features and functionalities of the journey planning tools, with specific focus on multi-modal mobility, through the cooperation among several types of transport operators, increase of customer mobility experience and so on. BONVOYAGE Project was presented as an example of innovative project in the field and as one of the innovation initiatives that Trenitalia is carrying out at European level.
7. IEEE Globecom 2016, Washington, DC USA 4-8 December 2016.
CNIT presented the paper “OpenGeoBase: Information Centric Networking meets Spatial Database applications” at IEEE Globecom 2016, Workshop on Information Centric Networking Solutions for Real World Applications. The presentation given describes the federated spatial database architecture, named OpenGeoBase, which is based on ICN technology and that the BONVOYAGE project is proposing to support the ITS Directive 2010/40/EU of European Union (Action A – Travel information and linking services). Such a database provides geo-sharing of the spatial data, geo-routing of queries/insertions and data-centric security, which are attractive features for realizing a network of National Access Point, offering cross border discovery functionality for ITS data and services, as foreseen by the EU directive.
8. TRA 2018 – Transport Research Arena, Vienna Austria, April 16 – 19, 2018
Prof. Andrea Detti, BONVOYAGE’s coordinator will attend as Panellist to the Session INV21: Sustainable Multimodal Door to Door Travel, which focus will be on research and innovation activities related to solutions for passenger needs to support anytime, anywhere door-to-door intermodal journeys.
1. MatchFest at CES – Las Vegas NV, January 4 – 5, 2016
Prof. Nicola Blefari Melazzi from CNIT presented the OpenGeoBase platform under development in BONVOYAGE. CES is a Business-to-Business Matchmaking event which organises speed meetings between “Born Global” startups and international SMEs and potential strategic partners and investors from US and global market as well.
2. MED’ 16, The 24th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation, Athens 21 – 24 June, 2016
S. Canale, A. Di Giorgio, F. Lisi, M. Panfili, L. Ricciardi Celsi, V. Suraci, and F. Delli Priscoli. “A Future Internet Oriented User Centric Extended Intelligent Transportation System”. DOI 10.1109/MED.2016.7535967
3. IEEE INFOCOM, San Francisco, CA, April 2016
A. Detti, B. Ricci, N.Blefari-Melazzi: “Tracker-assisted rate adaptation for MPEG DASH live streaming”. DOI 10.1109/INFOCOM.2016.7524620
4. North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO), Science and Technology Organisation, Specialists’ Meeting – SET- 222, on “Swarm Centric Solutions for Intelligent Sensor Networks”, Rome, Italy, 07-08 June 2016 (invited paper).
Nicola Blefari Melazzi “Information Centric Networking: a model for an improved Internet (and mobile/ad hoc networks)”
5. SMC2016 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, October 9-12, 2016, Budapest
Simon Ollander, Christelle Godin, Sylvie Charbonnier, Aurélie Campagne “A Comparison of Wearable and Stationary Sensors for Stress Detection“.
6. Third International Conference on Physiological Computing Systems – PhyCS 2016, 27th and 28th July 2016, Lisbon, Portugal
Simon Ollander, Christelle Godin, Sylvie Charbonnier, Aurélie Campagne: “Feature and Sensor Selection for Detection of Driver Stress”. DOI 10.5220/0005973901150122
7. Proc. of IEEE International Forum on Research and Technologies for Society and Industry Leveraging a better tomorrow (RTSI), Bologna, Italy, Sep., 2016.
P. Boccadoro, M. Barile, G. Piro, and L. A. Grieco “Energy consumption analysis of TSCH-enabled platforms for the Industrial-IoT”.
8. IEEE Globecom 2016, Workshop on Information Centric Networking Solutions for Real World Applications, 4-8 December 2016, Washington, DC USA
Andrea Detti, Nicola Blefari Melazzi, Michele Orru, Riccardo Paolillo, Giulio Rossi: “OpenGeoBase: Information Centric Networking meets Spatial Database applications”.
9. The Third International Workshop on The Emerging Future Internet and Network Security (EFINS 2016) in conjunction with Trustcom 2016, 23 – 26 August 2016, Tianjin, China.
Salvatore Signorello, Maria Rita Palattella, Luigi Alfredo Grieco: ” Security Challenges in future NDN-Enabled VANETs”.
10. 19th International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems – IEEE ITSC 2016, Accepted Paper, 1 – 4 November 2016, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Lorintiu Oana, Vassilev Andrea: “Transportation mode recognition based on smartphone embedded sensors for carbon footprint estimation”.
11. 27th Scientific Meeting Italian Association of Engineering Management – RSA AilG 2016, Accepted Paper, 13 – 14 October 2016, Bergamo, Italy.
Avenali A., Bracaglia V., D’Alfonso T., Reverberi P.: “Revenue sharing mechanisms for airline-High Speed Rail cooperation under congested hubs”.
12. 8th International Congress on Transportation Research – Accepted Paper, 27-29 September 2017, Thessaloniki, Greece.
Gaël Vila, Simon Ollander, Christelle Godin, Etienne Labyt, Sylvie Charbonnier, Aurélie Campagne: “Real time monitoring of traveller’s psychological stress”.
13. IEEE International Conference on Communications 2017 – Proc. of IEEE ICC 2017, 21-25 May 2017, Paris, France.
Mu Wang, Changqiao Xu, Shijie Jia, Jianfeng Guan, and Luigi Alfredo Grieco: “Preference-aware fast interest forwarding for video streaming in information-centric vanets”.
14. IEEE ICC 2017 – 2nd Convergent Internet of Things (C-IoT) Workshop – 21-25 May 2017, Paris, France.
S. Sicari, A. Rizzardi, L. A. Grieco, and A. Coen-Porisini: “A secure ICN-IoT architecture”.
15. 2016 Kuhmo NECTAR conference on Transportation Economics ITEA – 15th-17th June 2016, Santiago De Chile, Chile.
Jiang, T. D’Alfonso, Y. Wan: “Market Structure and Partnership Levels in Air-Rail Cooperation”.
16. IEEE LANMAN 2017: the 23rd IEEE international Symposium on Local and Metropolitan Area Networks – 12th -14th June 2017, Osaka, Japan.
Andrea Detti, Michele Orru, Riccardo Paolillo, Giulio Rossi, Pierpaolo Loreti, Lorenzo Bracciale, Nicola Blefari Melazzi: “Application of Information Centric Networking to NoSQL Databases: the Spatio-Temporal use case”.
17. MED 2017 – 25th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation, La Valletta, Malta, 3 – 6 July, 2017
L. Ricciardi Celsi, A. Di Giorgio, R. Gambuti, A. Tortorelli, F. Delli Priscoli: “On the Many-to-Many Carpooling Problem in the Context of Multi-Modal Trip Planning”
18. IEEE AVSS 2017: 14th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal-Based Surveillance. 29th August 2017, Lecce, Italy.
Agnese V. Ventrella, Giuseppe Piro, and Luigi Alfredo Grieco: “Information-Centric Networking in Environmental Monitoring: an overview on publish-subscribe implementations”, Proc. of IEEE International Workshop on Intelligent Technologies for Environmental Monitoring (in conjunction with AVSS 2017).
19. SOLI 2017: IEEE International Conference on Service Operations and Logistics. 18th – 20th September 2017, Bari Italy
Agnese V. Ventrella, Giuseppe Piro, and Luigi Alfredo Grieco: “Information-centric publish-subscribe mechanisms for Intelligent Transportation Systems”, Proc. of IEEE International Workshop on IoT applications in Intelligent Transportation Systems and Logistics (conjunction with the SOLI 2017).
20. 2017 Tyrrhenian International Workshop on Digital Communications. 18-20 September 2017 – Mondello (Palermo), Italy
Giuseppe Piro, Giuseppe Ribezzo, Luigi Alfredo Grieco, and Nicola Blefari-Melazzi: “A de-verticalizing middleware for IoT systems based on Information Centric Networking design”, Proc. of Tyrrhenian Workshop 2017: Towards A Smart And Secure Future Internet.
Avenali, A., Bracaglia, V., D’Alfonso, T., Reverberi, P.: “Incentives to airline-high speed rail cooperation under hub congestion: an antitrust perspective”, Proceedings of 2017 International Association of Business and Economics (IABE) Conference.
22. 8th International Congress on Transportation Research – ICTR 2017, 27-29 September – Thessaloniki, Greece
Gaël Vila, Simon Ollander, Christelle Godin, Etienne Labyt, Sylvie Charbonnier, Aurélie Campagne: “Real time monitoring of traveller’s psychological stress”.
23. Multidisciplinary International Scheduling Conference: Theory & Applications – MISTA 2017, 5-8 December 2017 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Lukas Bach, Dag Kjenstad, Carlo Mannino: “”Orchestrator” approach to multimodal continental trip planning”.
24. IEEE International Conference on Communications – ICC 2018, 20-24 May 2018 – Kansas City, MO, Usa.
Piero Boccadoro, Giuseppe Piro, Domenico Striccoli, Luigi Alfredo Grieco: “Experimental comparison of Industrial Internet of Things protocol stacks in Time Slotted Channel Hopping scenarios”.
25. Information Centric Networking Solutions for Real World Applications (ICN-SRA), IEEE ICC 2018, 20-24 May 2018 – Kansas City, MO, Usa.
Mauro Losciale, Pietro Boccadoro, Giuseppe Piro, Giuseppe Ribezzo, Luigi Alfredo Grieco, Nicola Blefari-Melazzi: “A novel ICN-based communication bus for Intelligent Transportation Systems”.
26. European Wireless 2018 , Catania, Italy, 02 – 04 May 2018.
Pietro Boccadoro, Mauro Losciale, Giuseppe Piro, Luigi Alfredo Grieco: “A standard-compliant and information-centric communication platform for the Internet of Drones”.
1. “Diameter Constrained Overlays with Faulty Links: Equilibrium, Stability, and Upper Bounds”
L. A. Grieco et al.
IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems II, December 2015. DOI 10.1109/TCSII.2016.2530880
2. “Understanding the Social impact of ICN: between myth and reality”
G. Piro, S. Signorello, M. R. Palattella, L. A. Grieco, G. J. Boggia, and T. Engel.
AI & Society: Journal of Knowledge, Culture and Communication, Springer, 2016. DOI 10.1007/s00146-016-0649-4
3. “Gazing into the crystal ball: when the Future Internet meets the Mobile Clouds”
G Piro, M. Amadeo, G. Boggia, C. Campolo, Grieco L. A., A. Molinaro, and G. Ruggeri.
IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, 2016
4. “Link-layer Security in TSCH networks: effect on slot duration”
S. Sciancalepore, M. Vucinic, G. Piro, G. Boggia, and T. Watteyne
Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies (ETT), Jun., 2016
5. “Air transport and high speed rail competition: environmental implications and mitigation strategies “
D’Alfonso T., Jiang C., Bracaglia V.
Forthcoming on Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice
6. “Air-Rail Cooperation: Partnership Level, Market Structure and Welfare Implications”
Jiang, T. D’Alfonso, Y. Wan.
Forthcoming on Transportation Research Part B: Methodological. doi: 10.1016/j.trb.2017.01.006
7. “Industrial Internet of Things at work: a case study analysis in Robotic-aided environmental monitoring”
Scilimati, A. Petitti, P. Boccadoro, R. Colella, D. Di Paola, A. Milella, and L.A. Grieco
IET Wireless Sensor Systems, 2017
8. “Publish-subscribe in mobile information centric networks: modeling and performance evaluation”
A. V. Ventrella, G. Piro, and L. A. Grieco
Computer Networks (Elsevier), 2017.
9. “Optimal Information Centric Caching in 5G Device-to-Device Communications”
Changqiao Xu, Mu Wang, Xingyan Chen, Lujie Zhong, Luigi Alfredo Grieco.
IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2018.
10. “Modeling lru cache with invalidation”
A. Detti, L. Bracciale, P. Loreti, N. Blefari Melazzi.
Elsevier Computer Networks, Vol. 134, P. 55-65, Issn: 1389-1286, Doi: 10.1016/J.Comnet.2018.01.029
1. International Association of Public Transport – UITP Milan 2015
The BONVOYAGE Partner, FLUIDTIME, attended to the International symposium and gave a presentation about BONVOYAGE objectives and Scope. The biennial UITP World Congress and Exhibition offers participants a unique opportunity to discover the public transport market develop-ments and learn from industry leaders.
2. INEA H2020 ITS Cluster Workshop – Brussels Belgium, November 6, 2015
The Meeting created synergies with other EU Projects forming the Open Data Work Group of the H2020 ITS Cluster, namely: ITS Observatory, EuTravel and MASAI. The scope of the Open Data WG is to support the sharing of data sources among the project of the H2020 ITS Clusters. The role of the BONVOYAGE project is both to share its data and to offer a common data-sharing platform based on ICN technology.
3. CeBIT Global Conference 2016 – Hannover, Germany, March 14 – 18, 2016
CeBIT is the largest and most internationally represented computer expo. Roman Pick from FLUIDTIME presented BONVOYAGE project. Special Dissemination has been performed on BONVOYAGE‘s Twitter channel.
4. Third International Conference on Physiological Computing Systems – PhyCS 2016, July 28 – 29, 2016
5. INEA H2020 ITS Cluster Second Workshop – Brussels Belgium, December 14, 2016
CNIT participated in the second H2020 ITS workshop in which the possibility for BONVOYAGE to support a common repository of ITS data and services based on OpenGeoBase was discussed. The presentation is available here.
6. AUTOMATICA 2016 – Rome, Italy, 5 – 7 September 2016
Prof. Francesco Delli Priscoli, Alessandro Di Giorgio, Antonio Pietrabissa and Lorenzo Ricciardi Celsi from CRAT presented the BONVOYAGE project, the BONVOYAGE platform architecture and the innovative activities carried out in the project, with particular attention to WP2 and WP4. A special poster has been exhibited showing the rationale behind the design of the User Profiling Tool, the Multi-Objective Optimization Tool and the Car Pooling algorithms.